Health Certificates for Pet Travel

Your pet may require a domestic health certificate if you are planning on traveling with them to another state. Also called a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI), a pet health certificate is a document that your veterinarian fills out to state that your pet is disease free and up-to-date on all the vaccines your pet needs. Your veterinarian will provide this to you after performing a thorough exam.

Schedule an exam for a health certificate as soon as your travel dates are solidified as certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel. Your pet must also be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling.

Requirements may differ from state to state, and even airline to airline, so let us help take the stress off of traveling for you. If you have additional questions, we suggest you visit USDA - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services for more information.

Traveling and need a health certificate?

Pearland Pet Health Center does not do international health certificates at this time. We still provide domestic health certificates for those looking to travel within the United States.